ONLINE COPY OF THIS LAW IS FREE. PDF IS AVAILABLE FOR N2000. PDF COMPENDIUM OF ALL LAWS/CATEGORIES ALSO AVAILABLE Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or Text: +234 706 710 2097
|DOWNLOAD PDF COPY OF THIS LAW (N2000)|
CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA (FOURTH ALTERATION, NO. 4) ACT, 2017 (FINANCIAL AUTONOMY OF HOUSES OF ASSEMBLY AND JUDICIARY OF STATES)
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Alteration of the Constitution, 1999.
2. Alteration of section 121.
CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA (FOURTH ALTERATION, NO. 4) ACT, 2017
A Bill For An Act to alter the provision of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 to provide for the funding of the House of Assembly of States directly from the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the State; and for related matters.
Commencement [4TH MAY, 2018]
ENACTED by the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria –
Alteration of the Constitution, 1999.
1. The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (in this Act referred to as “the Principal Act”) is altered as set out in this Act.
Alteration of section 121.
2. Section 121 of the Principal Act is altered by substituting for subsection (3), a new subsection “(3)”
“(3) Any amount standing to the credit of the –
(a) House of Assembly of the State; and
in the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the State shall be paid directly to the said bodies respectively; in the case of judiciary, such amount shall be paid directly the heads of the courts concerned.”
3. This Act may be cited as the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (Fourth Alteration, No. 4) Act, 2017.
ALPHABETICAL INDEX TO THE LAWS OF NIGERIA (UPDATED)